Friends of Pretzel Park

D&C Bass seabass6034 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 1 22:58:56 EDT 2018

 Jim and Anne,
At the recent Harvest Fest there was talk of 'contributions' going to the Park.That boiled down to a horrid painting from some Jeep dealer that was lying around the MDC office being contributed to us as a raffle 'prize'.But we try to be nice folks so we gave it a go.We got $15.00.It's a shame because it was a lovely event with thousands of people in and through the Park, and we are all glad we collaborated with MDC to help it happen because it brought folks to the Park that we volunteers have spent years developing.But the idea of contributions coming to the Park from the raffle of some painting that should have been in a dumpster was frankly a farce.
So please forgive my skepticism, and I do not mean to be unduly rude, but we are all volunteers with lives, struggling to keep Pretzel Park alive as a community center. We are struggling to find serious contributions but we need to know that it's worth our time and efforts.Personally I would like to hear specifics from you about why our participation in this event would really benefit our efforts at the Park.
Dave

    On Thursday, November 1, 2018, 10:20:35 PM EDT, jim bauer <bauerjim7 at gmail.com> wrote:

 Dave, I like the pond idea even though I’m not sure how I can help with that. What we are doing is having an art auction and party on 12/6 and the park will receive part of the proceeds of the auction with two other charities. If you know of artists who might like to contribute that would help but either way you get food and drink and a check so hopefully it will be a help. Anne will take it from here. Talk soon.

Best,Jim BauerM7 Media Group
On Nov 1, 2018, at 5:22 PM, D&C Bass <seabass6034 at yahoo.com> wrote:

 Hi Jim, Jane and Anne,
Nice to meet you too.As a 'kinda sorta' leadership minion, may I please ask for more details on this charity event.
And how does Pretzel Park figure into being one of the 'charities' please.
Personally I've always wanted a large Koi pond in the Park - with just a few Piranha to keep it interesting.Regretfully this idea doesn't have any traction yet, but I'm working on it.
And 'kinda sorta' is an official designation from our bylaws, thank you very much Jane. :)
By the way Jane, we've just learned that the equipment for the Pretzel Park playground renovation now has a Purchase Order, an important mile post in the plodding pursuit of renovating the Pretzel Park Playground! The Manayunk mommies involved with the Pretzel Park Friends deserve much credit for keeping the heat on the city institutions.
Sadly, my Koi/Piranah pond was not included in the renovation.
Dave BassKinda sorta member Friends of Pretzel Park Steering Committee

    On Thursday, November 1, 2018, 4:54:20 PM EDT, jim bauer <bauerjim7 at gmail.com> wrote:

 Hi Dave, nice meeting you. I wanted to loop you into a charity event we doing 12/6 and the park is one of the charities.
I have CC’d Anne who is can help plug you into the days activities.

Best,
Jim Bauer
M7 Media Group